These fudgy brownies are extremely decadent, rich with flavor, and so fudgy! If you are a chocolate lover, you have to try these. Grab a glass of milk (you will need it!) and make these fudgy brownies immediately!
These fudgy brownies have a not so secret ingredient in them. If you guessed avocado, then you are right! You cannot taste the avocado. However, it does contribute to the overall creaminess and texture of the brownies. I mean, if Tom Brady can eat avocado ice cream, I can eat a brownie with a little avocado in it!
What makes these fudgy brownies healthy?
These brownies have no processed sugar in them! They are sweetened with maple syrup (I get mine from Costco!) and real chocolate chunks. You can choose to use milk chocolate (a little less healthy, but still a good option!) or dark chocolate. When I was testing this recipe, I realized that brownies do not need loads of sugar. What they do need is rich flavor, and boy do these have it!
I used almond flour as the flour in these brownies. Depending on the brands/quality of the other ingredients that you choose to use, these brownies should be gluten free! Just be aware that gluten tends to hide in other things.
As I said above, these brownies have 2 avocados in them! Avocados are an excellent source of fat, which everyone needs in their diet. So, really, these brownies should be apart of your diet everyday…
Let’s talk icing:
These brownies have a delicious fudgy icing that is made using maple syrup, coconut oil, chocolate chips, and cocoa powder. Now, I will let you in on a little secret. One of the times I was testing this recipe, I ran out of chocolate chips right before I was making the icing. I decided to use a pudding cup in the place of the chocolate chips. Let’s just say, it worked. So, if you run into the same snafu as me, feel free to use a chocolate pudding cup!
Other Sweet Treats:
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, here is a round-up of some other sweet recipes!
- 8×8 inch baking dish
- 2 small avocados
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tbsp instant coffee (I use cold brew)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
For the Icing:
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- In a blender, add the avocados, maple syrup, vanilla, and coffee. Gently blend until smooth (it should not take long for everything to combine). Add in the melted chocolate and blend until everything is well combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the avocado mixture. Using a spoon, stir until everything is combined.
- Add in the cocoa powder and almond flour. Stir until everything is combined. Last, add in the chocolate chips.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Add the batter to the dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. The brownies should be cooked, but still a little fudgy!
- To make the icing, add all ingredients, except the cocoa powder, to a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until smooth and combined. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder.
- Allow the brownies and the icing to cool for 20 minutes before icing the brownies. Once cool, ice the brownies. Enjoy immediately, or wait for the icing to set a little bit!