These peanut butter s’mores are the perfect spin on the classic s’more! The cookie itself calls for minimal ingredients and is gluten-free and free of refined sugar. The chocolate chips are scattered throughout and the marshmallow center is to die for! Not to mention, the base for these unconventional s’mores is a peanut butter cookie! I mean, c’mon. Just make them immediately!
This recipe only makes 8 or 9 peanut butter s’mores, but you can easily double the recipe! I thought I would like these cookies hot, right out of the oven. However, I was wrong! I like them better once they have set for about an hour.
My favorite thing about these s’more cookies is that they take under 15 minutes from start to finish. You can whip them up in 5 minutes and then bake them for 10 minutes!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (could do creamy almond butter)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I get mine from Costco)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Handful of mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Using a mixer, combine the almond flour, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and baking powder together until a dough forms (it will be a little crumbly).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 8 or 9 balls. Open each one and put 2-3 mini marshmallows inside. Make sure the marshmallows are fully covered by the dough. Flatten each cookie slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the marshmallows and chocolate chips are melted.
If you are looking for any other summer desserts, you should check out my Berry Crumble!