These cabbage rolls are one my favorite meals ever! I have them on a constant rotation at my house. They are easy to prepare and are very flavorful! The meat mixture will remind you of meatloaf, but better.
The cabbage rolls are extremely filling and make for some very tasty leftovers! You can store them in the refrigerator and add some extra marinara to the leftovers upon heating them up. These cabbage rolls are a great option for meal prep as the school year begins!
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 8 large cabbage leaves
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 32 oz. tomato sauce (I use Rao’s marinara and it is the best!)
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 2 tbsp. Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Cook your rice according to the package.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, uncooked ground beef, onion, egg, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, hot sauce, Italian seasoning, and half a cup of the marinara sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Boil each cabbage leaf for about 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add two big tablespoons of the meat mixture to the center of each cabbage roll. Roll the cabbage around it. Place each roll in a skillet.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the rolls. Add 1/2 cup of water to the skillet.
- Cover and cook on low to medium for 1 hour. You can add more sauce at the end if you want!
If you are looking for more back to school dinners, check out my orange chicken stir fry, creamy coconut lemon chicken, or my chicken and wild rice soup! All of these recipes can be meal prepped and enjoyed throughout a busy week!