This creamy coconut lemon chicken is a winner! It is easy to make and you can whip it up in under 25 minutes. With just a few ingredients, it is the perfect weeknight dinner!
The lemon brings a fresh and light taste, while the coconut milk adds the creamy texture. However, neither flavor is too overpowering! It is the prefect spring & summer dish.
This dish includes bone broth. Bone broth supports gut and joint health, aids in digestion, can support weight loss and immune function, and has a high vitamin and mineral content. I love including bone broth in my meals because it is so flavorful! I get my bone broth from Thrive Market, but you can pick it up at any grocery store.
This creamy coconut lemon chicken is Paleo, Whole30, and gluten-free.
- 1 lb. of chicken (can be tenders or breasts)
- 1 can of coconut milk (around 13.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1/4 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Optional: Jasmine rice
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- If you are using chicken breasts, butterfly them. Add the chicken to the skillet.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
- Cook the chicken until the center is not pink (about 6 minutes on each side).
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet.
- Add the lemon juice, coconut milk, garlic, and bone broth to the skillet. Stir together.
- Add the chicken back in and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
I love serving this over jasmine rice with a spoonful of extra creamy coconut lemon sauce on top! You can garnish with more lemons, if you would like it to be more tart.