This strawberry and spinach salad is the perfect summer salad! It is easy to throw together and it would pair well with any sandwich. You could easily add grilled chicken to this strawberry and spinach salad if you wanted to enjoy it as a meal. Since this recipe only makes two salads, you could double or triple the recipe if you are entertaining.
The dressing is the perfect mixture of tart and sweet. It has a strong strawberry flavor and the poppy seeds add a nice texture to the smooth dressing. The strawberry vinaigrette is so easy to make (you just throw all of the ingredients in a blender) and would be good on any salad! If you are not a huge fan of spinach, you can make this salad your own and add whatever green you want to it! Just promise me that you will make the dressing!
For the salad:
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp. feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey (I get mine from Thrive Market)
- Sprinkle of salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a bowl (strawberries, spinach, walnuts, and feta cheese). Optional: add grilled chicken if you want to add a little protein to this salad!
- Add all of the dressing ingredients, except the poppy seeds, to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Top the salad with the dressing. If you have any leftover dressing, you can store in the refrigerator for one week.
If you want a tasty sandwich to go with this strawberry and spinach salad, check out my Smoked Turkey Cobb Sandwich!