I don’t know about you, but I love a good soup in the winter! This soup is flavorful, creamy, and filling. Not to mention, it only takes a few minutes to make!
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil (You can use olive oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning (more if desired)
- 4 cups of chicken bone broth
- 1 can of evaporated milk (can sub 1/2 cup canned coconut milk)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup of long grain wild rice (you can use Rice Roni long grain & wild rice- it is not the cleanest choice, but perfect for busy evenings)
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil, garlic, onion, carrots, and celery over medium-high heat. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the bone broth, uncooked rice, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low & simmer covered for 30 minutes. Stir it every 10 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and evaporated milk (or coconut milk) to the pot.