I saw the banana bread french toast trend online, and I knew I needed to try it out! It definitely did not disappoint. If you have extra bananas on hand, whip up your favorite banana bread and give this french toast a try!
If you are looking for a different banana bread recipe, try my Samoa banana bread! It is full of creamy chocolate chips and topped with toasted coconut flakes. It is, by far, my favorite banana bread.
When I make banana bread, I use a mini loaf pan. So, I used one whole mini loaf for this recipe, which would equal about 2-3 pieces from a standard loaf pan. If you are looking for a great mini loaf pan, Pampered Chef has my favorite!
Banana Bread French Toast
- 1 mini loaf banana bread, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Dip each side of the banana bread in the egg mixture and then lay in the skillet.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the egg mixture is cooked, on each side over medium heat.
- Top with syrup, whipped cream, and more cinnamon.