I have never been a huge fan of chicken fried rice. The main reason is that I hate peas. I decided to whip up a pea-less version, and it turned out so good! The first time I made this, it was just fried rice. At the last minute, I added a few Trader Joe’s cilantro chicken wontons. The wontons really completed it. However, you can add regular chicken if you are not a big wonton fan!
- 2 zucchinis, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup of dry rice
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 of an onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Cayenne powder (I usually add 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tsp. sesame oil
- Trader Joe’s cilantro chicken wontons
- To make the wontons, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread 15-20 wontons out on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, or until the edges start to get crispy.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp. of olive oil, onion, zucchini, garlic cloves, and carrots. Sauté for 9-11 minutes.
- Start cooking your rice in a separate pot per the instructions on the package.
- Add all dry spices to the skillet (cayenne, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder). Add more olive oil as needed.
- Push the veggies to the side and crack the 2 eggs in the skillet. Mix them around until they scramble and then stir them in with the veggies.
- Once the rice is done & drained, add it to the skillet.
- Add sesame oil and coconut aminos.
- Mix in your wontons & enjoy!