Happy Cinco de Mayo! I love any reason to celebrate, and the 5th of May is no exception! Last year’s festivities were a little more low key because of the pandemic. However, we still found ways to celebrate. One of those ways was creating the easiest guacamole recipe ever!
I was always a little apprehensive when it came to guacamole. It was never one of my favorite foods until I conjured up this little recipe! It pairs perfectly with any sort of taco night. Add my green salsa and you have got yourself a full-blown fiesta! With just three main ingredients, this really is the easiest guacamole to make!
I love this recipe because it is highly versatile. Depending on the size of the avocado, you might need to add a little bit more or less of the other ingredients and that is a-okay! Guac is a very easy food to taste test. Don’t worry about messing it up! Below the ingredient list, I have added several other add-in options.
- 1 medium size ripe avocado (if it is not ripe, you will have a hard time mashing it)
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced
- Juice from half of a lemon
- Pinch of chopped cilantro (or more depending on your preference)
- 1 tbsp. tomato, chopped
- Lime juice instead of lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes if you want a little spice
- White onion instead of a red onion
- Slice open an avocado and discard the pit and skin. Add the avocado to a medium sized bowl.
- Using either a potato masher or a fork, mash the avocado until it breaks down completely.
- Add the diced red onion, lemon juice, salt, and pepper (and whatever other add-ins you want) to the bowl.
- Stir together until well-combined.
- Enjoy with chips! My favorite chip brand is Siete Foods.
Happy Cinco de Mayo, friends!