I love a simple salsa! This one is the perfect mixture of spicy and cool. The jalapeños bring the heat, while the citrus cools it down. It is perfect for snacking on throughout the day and a great dinner addition.
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 2 tomatillos, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 of an onion, diced
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, jalapeños, and tomatillos to the skillet. Sauté for 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the lime juice, lemon juice, dried cilantro, salt and pepper to a blender. Add the sautéed mixture to the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add more salt and pepper to taste.