I don’t know about you, but I LOVE pasta salad! It is the perfect spring or summer side-dish! However, it can be really challenging to find one that tastes just right. Ya know? For years I have tried to make the one on the back of pasta boxes taste good, but something was always off. Finally, I decided to try to make my own!
I combined a few of my favorite veggies and decided to use a dry Italian seasoning packet. When it came to the oil, I thought I would just keep adding oil until it did not need anymore. I was blown away when I realized I only needed ONE tablespoon of oil! All these years I had been using an entire container of Italian dressing! The olive oil trick has been life-changing for me, and I hope it helps you out, as well!!
Once you try this pasta salad combo, you will see why I rave about it! It just goes to together so well. The banana peppers add the best flavor and the cucumbers are the perfect crisp vegetable addition. If you are tired of subpar pasta salads, you really need to try this one!
- 1 box pasta (8 oz.) — I use Eat Banza
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1 jar of banana peppers (8 oz.)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 packet of Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- Meanwhile, slice and dice the onion and cucumber.
- Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water.
- Pour the olive oil over the pasta and stir until the pasta is coated.
- In a large bowl, add all the veggies, pasta, and the seasoning packet.
- Mix together and top with the Feta cheese. Refrigerate & enjoy!